Student Blogging Challenge: Week 5

Hey guys it’s Jude, once more! Today we will talk about music for this week of blogging.

So since this week we have to talk about music, I want to research my favourite band Kero Kero Bonito!

The Beginning

The band started with the producers and two best friend Gus Lobban & James Bulled. James and Gus gre up in London together and went to school together. When they were forming a band they were in search of a new member and posted many ads online including a Japanese forum known as MixB, they posted it on there due to their fascination with “Japanese Rap”. One of the first responds to the post was Sarah Midori Perry ( or her stage name, Sarah Bonito). They chose her because of her background n art and the fact she was Bilingual between Japanese and English. She didn’t have a career in sing, but she wanted to collaborate with Gus & Jamie so she tried it out!

The group released there debut mixtape “Intro Bonito” in August of 2014. The wrote a majority of the EP using a Casio SA-45 mini keyboard. One of the largest and most notable songs by KKB is Flamingo for how fun and silly it is.

Shortly after KKB announced there first North America tour and success followed with there 3 EP’s and 2 Albums.

Check out my personal favourite KKB Tracks:

https://youtu.be/9Qmwsg2pyEc

That it for this week!