MPOLS: Getting 2020 vision

The time has come once more, time for the mid year presentation of learning (or Mpols). This years driving question is: what is my learning goal by the end of the year, and how do I intended on achieving it? In this blog post and presentation I am going to answer that question. So without further ado, let’s jump in! 3…. 2… 1.. Go!

My learning goal is to improve my productivity I will achieve this by using support from friends and family and tools to limit time I waste.

Productivity and handing things in on time to put it bluntly, is something I really struggle with and wanted to improve for a while.

I find that when I work alone, I find that I lose track and my mind wanders off. When I am working with a group or doing my own section of group work I almost always stay on task. Now I’m not saying make all projects group projects. But helping stay on track with remainders and sending me reminders would I believe help.

I would say some notable examples of this would be: Destination Imagination 2019 ( even though we came in 4th ), my scimatics projects: Game of Exponents Laws and Correlation and Causation project.

Tools to make me more proficient

Secondly I would say, I would using the tools on the iPad that eliminate distractions and opportunities to get me off track. Apple added a feature called App limits. I am going to start using which will limit all my apps that take me off task (Disney+, Instagram, etc) it will limit.

Ask questions (beforehand)

I think that major flaw that I am trying to fix which will help improve productivity, would be to ask questions and get help when I am stuck. Usually when I am stuck, I will try to look for an answer, and if I can’t I’ll just give up. I think that this will also help me improve productivity.

Doing Quality work

Another major issues with my work, I would say is the quality. Whenever I fall behind, my work snowballs into a bigger issue and my work tends to be rushed. I plan on changing this by both using the strategies I am enlisting in this post/presentation, and I will use the core competencies to guide my work and presentation of my work. I will also intend on using 7 habits by continually practicing and harness them.

I find that a great example of this is would be my Maker 2019 reflection (look at it here)

Conclusion.

I think that find if I use these strategies I can become a better learner and exhibit my learning.

So far, those are the major strategies I am going to start to do. So to end this presentation I would like end it by asking the question,

What strategy do you think most I should use as a learner to become more productive?