Hello, y’all! Welcome back! I can’t believe that winter break is in a few days! Are you guys looking forward to it? I am! Recently we were given a project on Chemistry. The project was on the arrangement of atoms and how it impacts them. We got given a few competencies to help us through the process of this project.

Competency number one was communicating. For this competency, I did a voice-over on top of my animation. I spoke about the arrangement of atoms in a way that was more scientific than how I normally would.

The second competency we had to do was processing and analyzing. For one of the milestones in our project, we had to create Bohr models for our animation videos. I also added a few diagrams to demonstrate the second competency.

For the final competency, we had to was questioning and predicting. The way that we showed this competency was through the use of class time. I felt like I used my class time well except on occasions when I got distracted from other things.

This project started very well! I understood the concept and I was very proud of my animations. However, everything went downhill after I finally completed the animation video. We had to use an app called explain everything. I haven’t been using this app for long and I’ve heard from a few people that it crashes and deletes your video. Throughout the whole process of the making of my animation, I was just hoping that it wouldn’t happen to me. The morning of the due date it got deleted. This was one of my most stressful times. I wasn’t sure what to do other than restarting everything. It’s been a few days since it got deleted and I’m still in the making of my new animation. Everything is going well and I’m reusing a few of the parts that I did in the last animation that I remember.

Well, this is the end. I guess I would call this a project horror story. This experience wasn’t fun but in the end, we all make mistakes and I did learn a few things about my mistake.

Bye! Have a great winter break, everyone!

Julia