As you may know, the student blogging challenge is coming to an end. Overall I feel this experience has empowered my learning and and created many new opportunities for myself. This is the last week of the challenge so lets dive right in!

I participated throughout this whole challenge, completing all 8 challenges! It was a great experience and has empowered my learning as a whole. Next year I would even recommend you to participate in the student blogging challenge. Reflecting back on the challenge, I’d like to cover 2 points, discuss my future plans with this blog then end with a conclusion.

Task 1: Reflection

Point 1: Commenting. After every weeks challenge I’ve commented on 3 peoples posts. I feel that the commenting is the glue that hold the SBC together. Commenting connects people and gets people to look around and read other peoples blogs. Without commenting no one would get any visitors and we wouldn’t be empowered learners. Every comment I leave is meaningful and gives kind, specific and helpful feedback so that the blogger can grow and write better posts in the future! The comments I get are also mostly helpful and provide me with ideas for my blog that I wouldn’t have thought of myself. Overall, the commenting process is a really pleasant part of the student blogging challenge.

Point 2: My Favourite post! 8 weeks of the challenge and many posts to choose from. Writing the post was one of my favourite parts of the student blogging challenge. It gave me the power to write about whatever I wanted, and share my ideas with the world. The best part was when you received a comment telling how you could do better. Out of all the post I wrote, the one that I most enjoyed writing was the free choice. I’m the kind of guy that likes coming up with his own ideas instead of having them laid out for him. With the free choice I could talk about whatever I wanted and that empowered me to write a lot. When I write about something I enjoy, I can get lost in the flow and write multiple paragraphs. That’s why I enjoyed the free choice the most. Now to Segway into my next point/task. The future of my blog.

Task 2: The Future Of My Blog

As the student blogging challenge is ending, you might be wondering if I will still be posting on my blog. The answer to that question is yes. Every project I complete at school I will write a learning portfolio post explaining the project and how I completed it. I also might post an update on my life and my interests every now and then so my blog won’t become dry and old. Next year I will also be participating in the student blogging challenge so look forward to that! Anyways, if you want to see me post anything on my blog, just comment down below and I’ll respond as soon as I can!

See you next time!

— Julien