Hello everyone welcome back and today is going to be an interesting post. This is my first post that has do with covid-19 so my last post left off at spring break and unfortunately link to that post if you want to read about what DI is about and what our challenge is about. But the sad news was covid-19 was spreading pretty fast around BC so our group couldn’t meet up and change any of our props so the main focus was our story because everyone could edit it and see it because it was on all of our iPads. Then we found out that DI provincials were cancelled but that did not stop PLP we did it online in a giant zoom call so group had some meetings on zoom as well to get ready and review the new and improved script and we had character changes so we needed to make sure everything was a go. So the day of di and we got in the zoom call watch some of the other teams present and then it was our turn so we all had our cameras on and we did everything like If we were in person. I think the biggest thing I took away from DI over the last 2 years is make sure your time management is good and make sure your group is on point and use your strengths and weaknesses to your advantage during DI and finally just enjoy it.
Hello everyone welcome back to my blog and today I will talking about Destination Imagination. This year was a little different I am in grade nine now so we got to choose what challenge we wanted to do with our group. So this year I decided to do the scientific challenge which was all about animals so my group was with Ben, Ally, Meg, Alex and Julia. So here is our overall challenge for this is the first thing I read because it gives you a good understanding of what you will be creating.
Now this video right here gives us a lot more understanding of what we are creating and all the little details of what you need to do. So now we are in stage 1 and in stage one we had to complete some worksheets on our challenge. The purpose of these is to get to know our challenge and also to figure are strengths and weaknesses as a group. So that is stage 1 so now w are moving into stage 2. Stage 2 is all about ideas and our team goals, so the first worksheet was about our resources and constraints. Then we had an idea generation. So help us get working on our central challenge the next thing we had to do is stage 3. Is all about starting to get roles and characters so I was in charge of the story, the jack lift and being the main character the snake. So we decided that our story was going to take place in Florida and it was going to be about a black mamba. So now your probably wondering about what is our challenge so we had to have a story about an animal that changes in the story and the environment around him had to change so we called it a morph. So we the outsider species morph we decided to have the snake change coular during the presentation and for the environmental change we decided that the eco system was really bad and when the snake help change the eco system by killing palm rats because there was an infestation of palm rats and when the black mamba kills them the eco system repairs it self and we were going to show the tree growing at a fast pace with the jack lift. Our story is about a snake that is not like any other black mamba, and there is a palm rat infestation going on and he is in charge to go kill or make the palm rats leave. Then he meets his fairy snake mother that helps guide him along the way. So now it is tournament day and we are all a little scared of what is going to happen today but also some excitement to because all the hard work we put in is paying off. After we presented we go some really good feedback and some things to improve on and we got right to work because It was a quick turn around into provincials.
Hello everyone welcome back to another post and today I am going to be talking about our unit in Louis Riel. The project started out by doing a current event on a situation involving a First Nations colony or nation. I chose to do the Oka crisis.I thought it was a really interesting topic and I enjoyed reading about it and learning about it. The next thing we had to do was we got assigned a partner for this project and my partner was Kaia then we had to choose a First Nations topic we decided on the pemmican proclamation. The next thing we had to do was our topic research get to know what you are presenting about. In mean time of that on the side we were learning about Louis riel as well we had to read a book and for each of the 4 parts we had to write a summary. The next thing we did was our images draft so at the end of the project we are going to present by making images showing the pemmican proclamation so we had to make 3 images. This one could definitely use some use as you couldn’t really see the picture and the words I drew on the bottom were not what I expected them to be so I had to change that. After the feed back we got started on our final images. Here they are Our final images looked really good in my opinion and our hard work showed. In conclusion this project really helped me learn about what the First Nations went through and it was difficult times back then for them. It also helped me learn about photo editing and how to edit photos so they look good.