TPOL

September 2022, I will have transitioned from PLP 8 to 9.  The past year (Grade 8 PLP) has been amazing for me – it truly has. I love the teachers and of course all of my friends and classmates. What I feel about this year is personal: and, may not make sense to all of Read More…

DI

Hi  everyone, I participated in the DI this year as a grade 8 student at Seycove.  I tried to help as much as I could .    I was happy when I helped move the very large stage from Seycove to the truck to the event.  I was also happy to support my team of Read More…

Chemistry Coding

Hi my name is Kadin, and welcome back to my blog! In this project we learned about atoms and molecules, and how to code on scratch. The final assignment for our project was making a atoms game in any regard. While learning about atoms, I drew some different types of atomic structures for difffernt atoms. Read More…

Renaissance Post

Hi my name is Kadin! Welcome back to my blog. In this post I will. Be reflecting on my most recent project that was on the renaissance! The driving question for this project is, “What significant developments emerged from the past and how do they impact us today?” We started off the project by establishing Read More…

Laser blog

During this project we learnt about science and math concepts, which we combined in our final project. We learnt about electromagnetic radiation and we focused on how light moves and interacts with matter. We also learnt about geometry where we focused on the pythagorean theorem.  We used textbooks and worked on worksheets to develop an Read More…

Coolest Drum Set!

This is a picture of the coolest drum set! This set although not as complex as some other drum sets, is the coolest in my opinion because it belongs to me. This is my very own drum set and it means a lot to me. There are many types of drums and symbols on a Read More…

Drumming

My topic of interest is drumming. It all started when I discovered garage band on my IPad, there is a virtual drum kit on the app which I started to play with. At first I was messing around with it but then, I found out about the recording aspect, so I started recording beats. For Read More…

The Outsiders

Intro: This project involved reading and analyzing the  1965 novel “The Outsiders” by S.E Hinton. We were tasked with exploring the different aspects of worldview and applied elements of worldview to the characters in the novel. We finished this project by creating two tableaux’s of the drive in movie theatre scene at the beginning of Read More…

CONSTRUCTING CREATIVE COMMUNICATION

I can use the camera better. I had fun doing this project. I think I Learned quite a bit about taking photos during this project. I learned about using the rule of thirds Another project complete! This project was about constructing creative communication. The driving question for this project Why is it important to use Read More…

Plate tectonics

We included a lot of concepts in our game: volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, hot spots, fault lines, slab pull, layers of the earth, continental drift, continental plates, etc. GPS is used as direct evidence to support the theory of continental drift. Indirect evidence is used to support our understanding of layers of the earth. Seismic waves Read More…