⭐️Star Wars| A New opinion.⭐️

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog, Recently my class has been learning a lot about and through Star Wars. Here is our most recent assignment. For this milestone in our project we wrote opinion pieces on  a Star Wars movie. For this activity I chose  “A New Hope” . Here’s what I wrote.

The beginning to a story that would become famous for decades to come, is how I would describe “A New Hope”, but was it really as phenomenal as it could’ve been. Did George Lucas do a good job of building up the setting and introducing us to the characters, or could’ve those who made the film done a better job? The Movie “A New Hope”was extremely popular and widely celebrated when it first debuted back in 1977. For good reason too, especially for its time it was unique and exciting. In the movie were settings that no one had ever thought of, with characters that would take a pretty wild imagination to create. Which makes it no surprise how popular Star Wars became. In this movie you are exposed to an alternate universe, which is undergoing a series of exciting events. What’s not to completely adore. 

The movie was a “out of this world” success and marked the beginning of a great movie franchise. With all that greatness and popularity aside, when it comes to looking at the story overall, how well did the first movie actually do. No I’m not talking about money or the amount of fans. How well did  “A New Hope” actually do at giving us an idea of things. For example introducing us to the setting and showing us the characters, like all great beginnings do. In the the New hope we meet our main characters, we see what they’re like and how they interact, but we don’t know much about them besides that. “A New Hope” was a little mysterious in that sense because we didn’t know much about our main characters and a whole lot of what’s happened in that alternate universe. This fact can be viewed on both sides, in one way this makes it more interesting of a story , but on the flip side this makes it a pretty complicated beginning. Because we don’t  completely understand what’s going on. 

When it comes to my personal opinion I think that the amount of information we got was pretty good. I think the fact that they made a movie in a totally new setting with crazy characters, and people understood is an accomplishment. Especially since Star Wars was the first of its kind with the first big animation that looked so realistic. 

I also believe they left the beginning sparse because they were still coming up with the following movies and they didn’t want any interferences in the future. Which I think was a great idea considering it left them more room to give us so many more movies. Even though the first movie was made with caution we still got a lot of detail. For example introduction to droids, the many settings, and one of my personal favourites, their outfits. 

I specifically think it so cool that to this day thousands of kids wear those outfits on Halloween. Because that’s how impactful these costumes were. I also find it interesting how they made the costumes reflect the characters as much as possible. So that even if we weren’t learning everything about who these people were, what they wore and how they looked kind of represented them. A great example of how this movie made that happen is Princess Leia’s outfit. Her white dress and two side buns are iconic, and say a lot about her as a character. The white displays goodness in her character and her two side buns represent rebellion and her unwillingness to be mainstream, and go along with the normal. That representation is recurring pattern in the characters outfits and overall appearance, as they act like symbols in the story and display so much about the characters. Which for me makes the movie as good as it is because, we’re getting a better idea of these characters and we also get to see a bunch of cool outfits and design.

Besides everything I’ve mentioned so far overall I think what made “A New Hope” so impactful was the fact it was new . At first I didn’t always believe it was this way, but after doing some reading and talking to my own parents, as well as reflecting on my opinion of the movie I’ve realized the reason “A New Hope” is so impactful is because it was first. It was first in so many ways and that’s what makes the movie so special.

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoyed my opinion piece.

May the force be with you, Kaia

0 comments on “⭐️Star Wars| A New opinion.⭐️Add yours →