Destination Imagination provincials online!

Hey and welcome to my blog, this post is all about our own DI provincials tournament online. As you most likely know a lot has been canceled and closed due to Covid-19. Including the destination imagination provincial tournament, but the show must go on. So we held our very own tournament online!

Of course the tournament wouldn’t be like regionals, and we couldn’t access a lot of our supplies and props, but it still was a challenge and gave us a chance to show off what we had worked on since regionals. It also gave us a chance to do better at the main competency: research and understand. 

To do our best to show growth and improvement since Regionals my group,Grace , Matthew, Ryan, Owen, Finn and I revised what we would’ve improved if we could meet up and use our props.

– work on the fridge, the technical parts but also construction. - improve the impact scenery, make the change more drastic. - continue to practice how we present the solution, improve our acting. - integrate the prototype and team choice elements into the story.

From that list we took as many elements we could do and stuck with them.

– improve our acting. - improve the backdrop/ making it digital. - include prototype better in the story.

we started working on these aspects of our presentation. I made this backdrop.

We figured out how to show our invention on zoom, and then we just practiced. We tried to make our acting better so that even though we weren’t actually presenting our project in person it would still seem interesting.

What was actually so great about having to re think our solution completely was that we went back to the basis of our challenge. We noticed things we didnt before and learned more about ways our challenge could be approached while we were looking for a way to meet the requirements.

Even though not everything got better I think I definitely realized more about my challenge and ways we could have solved it. Overall I would say provincials was a success. Later, Kaia

0 comments on “Destination Imagination provincials online!Add yours →