It’s the end of the year?

Hello everyone and welcome to my tPOL post.

A tPOL (transitional presentation of learning) is a student led presentation. Students tell their learning story and discuss future goals.

In this post I’m going to reflect on some projects that have really benefited my learning and share some goals I have to continue to do better next year.

First off Maker! A project I’m really proud of from this year is Witness to History. This project was all about telling a story about our community during COVID-19 through a video essay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRw6SSjTEvI

This was a great way to improve at past goals I’ve made, like improving my self motivation and taking some creative risks. Working on these goals wasn’t really easy, especially since I’m doing school from home. To make sure I completed my project on time I scheduled time for myself to work on my video . Scheduling time for myself helped me establish a routine and made it easier for me to stay on track, and because I wasn’t working last minute I was able to add more creative shots and elements.

Even though I’m really happy with the final product of this project I do think there’s a lot more to work on in Maker. I want to continue to add more creative elements like I worked on in this project. I also want to always try to start off every project well, and make sure I know what needs to be included and expressed.

Next Scimatics. A project that I feel I really learned from was Time is money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALEQivY0EQ

In this project I looked back at what I’d done in the past. From looking back at other projects I realized that I didn’t focus enough on learning the information and I just centred myself around the main portion of the project. So I decided for Time is money I would focus more on building knowledge.

By building knowledge and overall getting a better understanding I was able to do so much better at competencies like understanding and solving and communicating and representing. Im really glad I was able to improve through this project and I really want to continue to get better in scimatics. I want to keep focusing on understanding the topic really well, some other ways I think I can improve is by demonstrating what I know in a more professional and captivating way.

Now Humanities. A project I learned a lot from in humanities was Let’s get Riel.

This was a project I really loved because I found the history really fascinating. My family was from Manitoba and I’ve been to a lot of places mentioned in the book we read. Besides really enjoying this project I got to improve my leadership skills and my ability to reflect on my learning. For this project I was really able to take more responsibility because we were working in pairs. This meant I got to work more on my ability to work with others but also meant I could improve my leadership skills. I improved a lot at reflection through this project as well. I made sure I planned my post ahead of time and included everything I needed to and more. I want to continue to do even better in humanities. Some ways I can do this is by speaking up and sharing my perspective, as well as working on being more of a leader for group projects.

Finally PGP. The project I’ve learned a lot from this year is believe in good.

The project that I want to write about is believe in good.

This was a great project to review the seven habits. We worked on this project at a great time, when I really needed more motivation and balance in my life. By the end of working on this project I was definitely impacted more by what I learned. I became better at being punctual and also began focusing more on balance between school and home. Some goals I have for PGP is too continue to use the 7 habits in all ways of my life.

Now just to wrap up my tPOL I would like to mention four lessons I’ve learned this year that I will always remember.

1. It doesn’t matter who you work with, it matters how you work with them. 

2. The reason my teachers write in Basecamp is for me to read it.

3. Don’t film in front of doors teachers don’t really like that. 

4. Well you decide….. what should be a lesson I should always remember, what do I need to learn.

0 comments on “It’s the end of the year?Add yours →