TPOLs 2022

It’s the end of the year, which means it’s time for tPOLs!

tPOLs or transitional presentations of learning, take place annually at the end of the year. Providing me with the chance to reflect on my school year, as well as discuss goals, aspirations and necessities for next year.

tPOLs additionally build off of mPOLs (mid year presentations of learning) Providing a method of measuring my success and keeping track of my accomplishments throughout the final half of the year.

The past few months I’ve worked on following many of the goals I discussed in my mPOL. While there were many goals I highlighted a few months ago, there are a few I particularly felt I worked hard on.

Bringing passion into my work.

While this was a huge goal in my mPOL it’s a goal I’ve been thinking about for a very long time. Ever since joining PLP, I realized that the best work was personal and most importantly researched and presented with passion.

I think because I always viewed  learning as work- I never assumed I could tie my own interests into our projects. In reality, I should’ve been striving to have fun with every single assignment. Tying in my own thoughts, hobbies and uniqueness to create authentic work.

After realizing how important including my interests was, and officially prioritizing that goal at my mPOL, I did my best the next two projects to incorporate my passions.

For our most recent project “Cray, Cray, Yay, Yay.” I was determined to discover a impact maker to research, that I shared interests with. While finding someone with similar hobbies and values was difficult, sharing passions with my impact maker made my project a million times better. I was able to utilize background knowledge I had about music, jazz, singing. To make my project more unique, creative and fun.

By putting a little bit of extra work, I made all the other assignments related to my impact maker much more exciting. I was inspired and interested in my impact maker. That inspiration is what allowed me to add more depth into each assignment. Homework didn’t feel as difficult and I truly enjoyed learning.

When it was the day of the exhibition I was of course nervous- but also excited, I wanted to share everything I had learned.

The next goal I focused on these past months was going outside of my comfort zone- and simply taking risks.

While this is a goal that will take a long time to achieve, I’ve definitely been focusing on taking steps in the right direction.

During our Macbeth project “Hide your Fires” I was determined to become director.  Although I was slightly terrified, I knew I would be disappointed in myself if I didn’t direct.

While I have a million things I would do differently next time. I’m extremely proud of myself for taking on such a big role. Our film made PLP history, and I couldn’t be more proud of the effort we put in to completing it.

While I made some changes within my PLP class, I also have been applying this goal outside of school. I recently started a new job, and have applied and been accepted onto grad counsel.

Over these past few months I’ve made a lot of progress. I’ve challenged myself and actively worked on my goals. Although I’m very proud of my accomplishments, I know there’s a lot  that still needs to be done.

Most of my challenges stem from my behaviour. While I like being polite and quieter, I need to speak up. Some of my quietness is personality, but a majority is habit. A habit that’s holding me back from becoming the best version of myself. Next year I want to focus on sharing my thoughts and using my voice in class.

I’ve reached the point where my thoughts and ideas are really improving, I should allow myself to share my work. To use my voice in every project.

This year, I’ve proven I know myself. I can identify my strengths and I know better than anyone my weaknesses. A lot of my thought and work is there. What I must work on is  showcasing my ability and being more open in class. I need to simply be unafraid of trying new things, of continuing to leave my comfort zone.

0 comments on “TPOLs 2022Add yours →