Too many religions to count

How are religions represented in the real world? This was the question my class asked itself as we went on a 3 day field trip to a whole lot of religious temples.

Our first stop was Hinduism, and as we entered the building, I was amazed.

The symbol on the top left is Om. Om Is considered the most sacred mantra and is a symbol for many Indian religions. The rest of the photos are reincarnations of one soul, each of which representing different things. Next was the Tibetan monastery…

This was by far my favourite temple, after looking at the pictures, you’ll see why.

image

So this was just the outside and I thought that was amazing, all the symbols and architecture was so detailed, but here’s the inside…

image

Pretty insane right? And at the the end of the room was this massive gold Buddha. Here’s a closer look…

It was so insanely detailed, and don’t worry, those aren’t actual elephant tusks. Then after this, we went to another Buddhist temple but I wasn’t able to get any pictures since we were acting like we were monks the entire time. This was actually pretty cool cause we got to chant and pray just like the monks do each day.

And last for this day but absolutely not least, was the Sikh temple. This was where we ate lunch since all Sikh temples serve three meals a day  all year round. When we went, we got to listen to someone actually reading the Guru Granth Sahib which is the Sikh holy book. Here’s the outside of the temple which is incredible…

image

And the inside was just as cool..

So this was the room where people go to pray each day, there was another room as well that was upstairs, pretty much the same, just a little smaller.

And with that Sikh temple and a lot of really loud songs on the car ride back, our first day of temples and religions had come to an end.

Written by:

Be First to Comment