Blue Sky, oh no, I’ve heard things.

Seycove’s year end blue sky exhibition, not for all of Seycove, just for PLP. Anyways, for that exhibition you get to ask any design question and work towards answering that question. But it’s not just projects that go through drafts, apparently it’s questions too now. My question was how might we create a hybrid illusion to test vision? I had inspiration from 2 illusions, the original Marilyn Einstein illusion and the fairly new red dot illusion.

Both of these will make you see different things depending on how good your eyesight is. In the first image, if you have good vision,  you can pick up the tin my little details of Einstein such as his hair, mustache, nose, eyes and wrinkles. If your eyes have ad visions, you can’t pick up those details and only allow you to see the blurred very bold image of the Hollywood bombshell, Mariyln Monroe. Me being so interested in optics went and did more research on how and why we see what we see and went into creating my own. I tried to combine many different peoples faces to try and get the Einstein and Mariyln effect but the people’s poses I chose weren’t close enough so I decided to look for photos of Einstein and Marilyn Monroe doing the same pose, which wasn’t that hard since for some reason their poses are always quite the same. So here’s my first draft.

image

Not quite the effect I wanted since this was just the 2 photos combines with no editing on line density which I needed to do to get the full look. And it also needed to be black and white to work which I eventually figured out.

image

So this one turned out a little better but Albert still wanted to take main stage so I had to lighten his wrinkles a bit.

image

These isn’t a huge difference but it sure made a huge difference.

Written by:

Be First to Comment