I Hate My Room

Designing your dream house, this is what we’ve doing lately in scimathics. Bu the fore we could start designing, we had to learn about scale factors, how to calculate square footage and then we started off the designing with simple kitchens and little one bedroom apartments. After finally being able to start designing, we all thought we could start laying out our house, but not quite yet. In swoops estimation of housing prices based on total square footage and the area the house is located. During these multiple worksheets I wanted to tear my hair out, but in the end I realised, I REALLY hate calculating square footage, and absolutely love designing.

This is an example of the hell we all had to go to. But once I managed to complete these worksheets with a full head of hair, it was time to move onto designing our dream houses. But I forgot to mention that for all this, we were in groups. By my side through this horrible adventure was Adam and Claire. Anyways, dream house design. But how can you design YOUR dream house when there’s other peoples dreams to be included? In short, you can’t. An example, Claire’s dream is to have a massive bed in her room, Adam’s room ended up being the size of, if not smaller than Claire’s bed.

Spot the biggest object inthe house, that’s Claire’s bed, and that’s after Adam and I reduced the size. And now, the mint green bean bag chairs, the room those are in is Adam’s entire room and is just a little bit bigger than my “closet”, air quotes because I turned it into another private entertainment room. All the furniture in my room and “closet” I approve of, but the lavender colour you see all over it, I hate. Hence the title of this blog. For that colour, you can thank Adam making last minute changes right before we presented so I had no chance of changing it back to the dark grey colour that I originally had. And in this photo, you also can’t see that he made the walls of my room lavender as well. I’m pretty sure Adam’s plan the whole time was to just mess with me and annoy me, he’s not my favourite person sometimes. But in the end I was happy with the size of my room, uh, I mean the end result of our project.

Written by:

Be First to Comment