An Average Post About Remaking Film

Hello! And welcome to my first blog post of grade 9!! In this post I will be covering what I learned and accomplished over the past 4 days (yes, believe it or not, this project was completed in less that 4 days). I hope you enjoy!! Also, please check out my group member’s blogs here!
NyaRaymond, and Dries!!

To kick off this project, we made an introduction video for ourselves. Personally, I don’t think I made a great video to meet the criteria. I think this because I didn’t fully grasp the purpose of the assignment and never asked someone to clarify what I didn’t understand.
I think that the overall purpose of this first milestone was to show us what video skills we would need to fully recreate the short film and help us improve on them at the same time.

The next thing I want to talk about is milestone 3. This one was important because it was the first draft of our recreation of the short horror film “RUN!”. This was the crash course that would allow us to properly create a second draft that could actually be compared to the original. For my group’s, the timing was off, the sound effects didn’t match volume and timing, we weren’t wearing the right colours, and we were even missing some camera angles! However, having all this FAILure (First Attempt In Learning) let us identify those mistakes and fix them in our second draft.
Unfortunately we didn’t upload the first draft to youtube so there’s no way to embed it here (thank goodness) so you can watch the original to compare it to my groups final video later.

Now, onto the bread and butter!! The final milestone of this project… The final draft of our recreation! After the first draft flopped, we looked at all that went wrong and right, and lets be honest, there was next to nothing done right. But we recognized that and decided to use our newfound skills to start over and make it much better! And so we reassigned our character roles and I became the main actor 😅. We found a new area to film our scenes, and thought out our whole thing on a wider scale. This time, we knew we needed as close a costume as possible, so we used masking tape on my grey sweater to add the striped seen in the original. We even made sure there was a small know on our log to slightly obstruct my hand! Overall, the second draft was miles better than the first (with a few mistakes nonetheless), and I’m certain that that’s the way it should have been. There’s not much else to say, so lets watch our “RUN!”!

Now its time for the competencies or should I say competency

Innovative Designer: this competency is based on how you made your solution to the problem or process. I think that I showed proficiency at this competency by collaborating on a (mostly) successful product through the use of trial and error and teamwork.

i hope you enjoyed the first blog post of my grade 9 year!!

until next time!