Frankenstein Frankenstuffy*

So recently I finished one of the biggest projects in PLP other than D.I. This project was called Frankenstuffy. It was about how animals adapt to an environment and about the matter cycles (ex:Water cycle). It was also about one question – who is in control, people or the environment?

Our first step in this project was to read the Martian which is a book written in epistolary style like a diary. While we were reading it we had to fill out these sheets about our knowledge of the story. During this book I felt the the people were in control becuse the people survived and beat the environment.

Our second step in this project was to create a a 6 part epistolary story about an animal and how it adapts to a change in the environment. So for example if there is a flood it would grow wings. I chose a moose for my story, my story took place in the Saint Lawrence lowlands. The change in the environment was a flood and my moose grew goose wings to adapt.

After we finished making the story we had to turn it into a script for a four to five minute video. The script that I made was around 1000 words when my 6 part story was around 3000.

When we finished the script we had to create a storyboard for each seen. The storyboard had to include what audio what camera transitions and what action. We also had to do a drawing for each one.

Finally when the storybord was all done we could start filming our video. For my video I went to the trails near my house and took pictures of all the cool screeners for my background. Then I took pictures of my stuffy and green screened them over my backgrounds. Finaly I did my voice over and editing and my video was done.

During this project I felt my video creating and editing skills inproved a lot just from trial and error. I also felt my brainstorming and story writing skills inproved. Also I felt I know a lot more now about the matter cycles.