Kira’s blog

Hello!!!

Religious worldview: part two, the exhibition

This is the SECOND part my our project if you haven’t already read the first part here is the link. 

Hello everybody!

I’m a student in a program called PLP (performance learning program) and every year we have an exhibition that displays our learning of a certain topic! My grades topic was about religious world view! In my previous post I talked about how my group and I went about creating the posters, now is the moment we’ve all been waiting for (or hoping it wouldn’t come at all) THE EXHIBITION!!!

Let me give you a brief overview of what the exhibition is. Every year PLP has two exhibitions one in the summer and one in the winter, our project that we created on religion was for the winter exhibition. Every year the exhibitions subjects are different and on top of creating a poster we had to provide a food/drink and you must be a kind and welcoming host and talk to the people about your religion. So what happened at the exhibition? Before the exhibition had started we just set our stations up, created our props and organized everything. When people came in we talked to them about our religion, offered them a drink and taught them about our game (truths and lies: Buddhism edition).  How was my experience of the exhibition? Awesome! Why? Because I actually like public speaking, I enjoyed creating our drink even though we didn’t create a food, and we got to see the older grades exhibitions which was really amazing to see what they were learning about! My favourite part of the exhibition was actually the end because you just feel so proud of yourself because it is A LOT of work but definitely worth it in the end! I learnt in this project what its like to be on the go constantly, one minute your explaining your project next your pouring more tea while teaching people our activity we had! I also learnt what its feels like to not just have your parents or teachers judge your work but other people so it really pushes you to try your best! 

Thanks for reading!

That’s the end!

Kira

Kira • January 11, 2019