Kira’s blog

Hello!!!

Worldview: from elementary to secondary

Hi! As you might already know PLP8 is all about worldview from learning about my worldview to the worldview of ancient civilizations and tribes, there is a lot to learn. This project my class just finished and the one I will be writing about driving question is “how has moving from elementary to secondary school changed your worldview”? This hasn’t been the first project we’ve done on worldview in fact its actually the third, so no ones is coming into this project un clear about worldview. 

There were a few big milestones for this project, we learnt about Muslim and Europe’s worldview clashes which lead to reading a book on crusades called the book of the lion (do not recommend because of confusing old literacy and very different perspectives from now) I found that learning about the English cast system and how they went about daily life under the influence of the monarchy to be really interesting!

It probably was my favourite part of this project because I find it interesting to learn about different times! I don’t feel that I took away too much after reading the book, but I definitely learnt a lot from all the little activity’s we did!

After learning about the struggles between religions worldview & crusades we now realized that what was happening to them was actually pretty similar to us! When the British invaded the Muslims country both of those religions world view was changed drastically.

This applies to us since when we came to high school our worldview was changed too! To show what changed in our worldview my class had to re write the lyrics of the song called Its the end of the world as we know it and create a photo documentary of our grade seven and eight year! My group: Emily, Kaden, Felix

I actually really enjoyed re writing the lyrics to the song I felt that it was super creative and I learnt a lot more about how to record your singing and about the app we used called garage band! I felt like the project could have been less rushed since we only had two days to get everything together and record as a team. That was the reason why I feel this project didn’t teach me as much as it could have, if I had been more careful with time management and  maybe if my team had more time to record our singing we would have been able to fine tune what we were working on. Overall I think I learnt a lot and I think it was a great way to end this project by creating a song!

Kira • February 25, 2019