Creation Of a Teenage Lionwalker

My first inspiration for my Frankenstuffie was okay I need to find a way to use these stuffed animals into one. We had to sew at least 3 (or 4? I don’t remember) stuffed animals together, so I just used what I had lying around. I don’t have any pictures of me actually sewing the animal, but here’s what I ended up with:

IMG_7085 IMG_7086

When I was writing my first draft of my Frankenstuffie writing assignment, I can’t really say I was inspired. I got an idea, didn’t worry about how weird it really was, and rolled with it until I had 500 words. It was extremely rough, why don’t you just look for yourself at this excerpt from it.

IMG_7158.PNG

Yeah…okay moving on from that.

When I looked at what I had written, I knew it wasn’t something I could hand in again (but it was kind of funny reading again). I took what I had, deleted most of it, and kept the bones. I used those tiny paragraphs I had kept to rebuild the story. I think I had about four or five drafts before I got to my final draft. I had to make drastic edits in my story to get to my final product, but I think what I have now is pretty good.

Kirby Harris
Lionwalker The Fake Pokemon

Many years ago, there lived a man in the interior of British Columbia, and there he lived happily with his wife and son. Out in the backyard of the mans home, there was a big oak tree, where a tire swing was hung. This oak tree was sad, because it could not run or play like the little boy it would see everyday. The tree was destined to be forever unsatisfied.
Five years later, the same man had gone slightly insane. After being laid off from his job, the man bought a new device called a Gameboy. Along with the Gameboy was a game called Pokemon. Pokemon became the man’s obsession, and was so insanely obsessed that he changed his name to Dr. Oak. Soon after this, his wife filled for divorce, calling him a “bad father” and a “crazy lunatic”, whatever that means.
The man’s obsession only got worse, and after some court-mandated therapy convinced him to find a goal, he found one. Dr. Oak would create a living Pokemon!
Days and nights, Dr. Oak worked. Finding the right genes from the right chromosomes, and making every bit match up, Dr. Oak became an expert in genetic mutations and modified organisms. He took the legs and tail of a lion, monkey ears for sharp hearing, a bear mouth for easy eating, and the body of a lion-fish to create his Lionwalker. Dr. Oak had become unstoppable.
Finally, when Dr. Oak was just about ready to start the scientific process, he thought up a great new idea, “what is my Lionwalker could use photosynthesis?”. Suddenly a whole new idea came into his head, and Dr. Oak quickly got together some DNA from the Oak Tree in his backyard. His project was delayed by three months as he worked on adding this special feature to his Pokemon.
Dr. Oak was just about done. Finally, all his hard work had payed off. He saw his Lionwalker come to life right before his eyes. Tears filled Dr. Oak’s eyes as he saw his creation begin to move around. He finally did something right, and this one wasn’t going to leave him.
Lionwalker became Dr. Oak’s companion, living happily in his company. Now, Dr. Oak is an elderly man, and his Lionwalker has become weak as well. Still, everyday they sit in the backyard, right with the big oak tree, who even though it still can’t move, is happy to see a part of itself running in the sun.