The Medium is the message reflection

The Launch phase was the first part of the Medium is the message project. It was where we got placed in our groups for the project. The people in my group were very nice and helpful which helped me succeed in this project. When we got placed in our groups we started on the Welcome Home Text Analysis. Our task for the Welcome Home Milestone was to watch a promotional Apple commercial and break it down by explaining who you think the target  audience is and how they’re sending the message.

The Building Knowledge phase was based on mostly trying to define certain advertisements and learn the techniques of the big companies and how they get your attention and how they get you to buy the product. One of the parts in the Building Knowledge phase was the Graphic Design and photo practice which was my favourite part because it was fun to experiment with the camera and the different angles and features.

The develop and Critique phase was reading a book called the gospel according to Larry and preparing you for your phone or email interview with your business. The Gosple according to Larry part in develop and critique phase was very fun I liked the book I got confused at parts but after that I really enjoyed the book and writing about it after. The preparation for sending your email and making your phone call was fun to work out with my group and figuring out a script for your phone call and email was hard at times but we ended getting it done.

Advertisement draft 1

Advertisement draft 1

Advertisement draft 2
Advertisement draft 3

Advertisement draft 4

Team advertisement final draft

The present and reflect phase was mostly focused on your advertisement telling a story so it has a bigger meaning than just promoting the product. I found this part was one of the most interesting parts because I got to learn that an ad can be more than just promoting a product so now I look at advertisements a lot differently.