Chemistry Coding

The name of our project was called Chemistry coding it revolved around the atomic theory and the kinetic molecular theory. At the start of the project I had no idea what either of those were but now I understand the behaviour of atoms and how they react with other atoms/molecules.

The goal of this project was to make a video game or simulator which revolved around the kinetic molecular theory and the atomic theory. For our first step in creating our video game/simulator we had to draw 4 atomic models that would be included in our game here are mine:

The final step before completing our video game/simulator was to show the teacher what kind of game/simulator we were deciding to make and If it included the Kinetic molecular theory and the atomic theory here is mine:

To make our video game/simulator we used a coding software called Scratch, I had never coded anything before this so it was very hard to understand at first but later on after watching many tutorials on YouTube I started to understand how to use scratch.

We were graded on three main competencies such as: 

Questioning and predicting: Demonstrate a sustained curiosity about a scientific topic or problem of persons allegedly interest: I feel like I did very well on this competency mainly because this project was very interesting and I enjoyed it.

Scientific communication: communicating ideas, findings, and solutions to problems using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies: I feel like I could’ve improved a little bit more on this competency as sometimes I didn’t understand some of the technologies in scratch at times.

Reasoning and analyzing: use logic and patterns ( including coding ) to solve puzzles and play games: I could’ve done better with this as I struggled with the coding part of this project.