Fortnite + School = TPOL

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.”

What it do fool and welcome to my second Pol, the well anticipated tPOL! This is very similar to my Mpol witch happened halfway though this year. Instead of this being a mid term assessment of my learning this is a year end one one which I explain my learning this year and why I feel like I should go into grade 10. What I’ll be explaining is one project from each subject, how I showed my best learning from it and if I met my learning plan growths.

So let’s start it off with humanities. The project that I feel like I learned the most from is probably a war to end all wars: graphically told. This project was all about world war 1 and the causes and battles in it. In short we had to pick a battle within WWI and make a comic about it, to witch I chose the battle of passchaendale. I feel like this is one, if not best, humanities project because I was actually really interested in it. I spent a lot of my time working in this comic and making it good. I feel like I expressed my learning and interest  for this project by completing all of the work and researched my chosen battle then put all of the info into a complete comic. A growth that I had for this subject was to procrastinate less and research more about the topic. I think this project demonstrates this very well as I found myself researching more then I would normally and used my class time and own time well to get the comic done well.

Next I’ll cover maker. Maker felt like it was all over the place this year with the projects having no correlation at all. The project that I value the most in this subject is probably vibrant video. With this project it was really all about making short movies and a lead up to us making documentary’s. Now the reason I value this project is because I had a lot of fun with it and learned a lot on the different filming angles, different types of film, the history of film and more. Now my growth for maker was to contribute to my team more and putting myself out there for some unwanted jobs in the work. In this project there wasn’t that much teamwork but when there was I feel like I evenly contributed. These growths where ment for DI and I did meet this growths for DI too. This year for DI I got a really good group and we all contributed and a really fun time doing it too. I also chose a different theme then last year which was another one of my growths. last year I chose fine arts, this year technical. And putting myself out there I did that my making a song to our DI and I don’t know if anyone here makes songs but it’s kinda awkward preforming a “joke” song in front of parents and appraisers but I did it anyway.

laslty there’s scimatics. Now in scimatics this year there was very few group projects but one of the ones we did do was called metaphor machines. This project was pretty simple but hard at the same time if that makes sense. This project had to do with electricity and currents and all that stuff. The end goal was to make a Rube Goldberg machine using lightbulbs and currents. The reason I chose this is because I basically did this whole project by myself regardless of it being a group project. I pretty much built the whole machine on my own and Cooper helped out near the end as well. I don’t know what took over me but during this project I just had a strive to try really hard on it and that’s what I did. I found myself with very little distractions and staying on task 95% of the time. I feel like this shows my leadership skills, taking charge and internet in my learning. The growth I had for this subject was to focus more in class and not be distracted by my iPad and friends. I think I accomplished this growth because as I stated before I was hardly distracted in this project and stayed on task to get our work done on time.

In conclusion I feel like I am ready to move on to the next grade as I have shown improvements in my habits and the will to improve and have an interest in my learning. I have accomplished the previous growths I have stated at my Mpol and have shown my learning through numerous different projects. Thank you for your time.

slatt slatt

Landon

💚