lauren.

Blue Sky 2018

Final blog post of the school year. It’s come down to it, and I’m very excited to have a break! However, I will also miss all the people I won’t see. Anyway, this blogpost is going to be about or final blue sky project. If you didn’t know, we already had a smaller exhibition earlier…

Continue Reading

Louis Riel, Hero or Villian?

TIt’s finally come down to it. Our final humanities project. For this final unit, we have gone back in time to before World War One. We went to about the 1800’s, when a man named Louis Riel stepped up and gave a voice to the Metis people.  Louis Riel was a Metis person. Metis people…

Continue Reading

Correlation? Causation?

We just finished our last math unit. This unit was on correlation and causation. We learned about what each one meant, and the difference between the two.  To start of the project, we first came up with our questions that we were going to later graph. One question was going to see if one thing…

Continue Reading

TPOL Time Again!

TPOLS, it’s that time again. Transitional presentations of learning, what’s not to love? Imagine, you’re standing there, in front of your parents and teachers, and you have to present to them what you’ve learned throughout the year, scary right? Right. However, I have done 3 of these in the past, so it’s nothing new to…

Continue Reading

Meiosis and mitosis, what’s the difference?

We’ve recently finished a science unit, all about reproduction. We learned about the different ways organisms reproduce, and how we can also clone plants. We cloned both dandelions and potatoes. Our potatoes grew so well, however, our dandelions did not work out so well. We did not have any successful sprouts with our dandelions. Now…

Continue Reading

WWI, the comic

World War 1 was a brutal, tragic, bloody war. How did it even start? Why do we have to learn about it? Those were questions I had before learning about WWI. This war was very important to the world, and Canadians as well. But how did WWI impact Canada and it’s identity? That’s the question…

Continue Reading

Polynomials math project

The school year is almost done, which means we just finished a project, just in time for one last one before school ends! This math project was based around polynomials, but this project was different from the rest. This project, we got to choose what we wanted to do, and how we wanted to do…

Continue Reading

Destination Imagination part 2

Destination Imagination is officially over for this year. Provincials is now over, which means we are finished DI. This year, DI has been very difficult, but it taught me a lot. But before i get into all of that, let’s first go into the transition from regionals to provincials.  In regionals, we didn’t do too…

Continue Reading

dear ottawa, thank you

We are back from yet another field study, this time to Ottawa! However, this trip was different. It was not a traditional PLP trip, but it was with a company called Encounters With Canada (EWC). Encounters with Canada is a government sponsored company that bring youth ages 14-17 to Ottawa to learn about different subjects….

Continue Reading

Destination Imagination Part 1

The first half of Destination Imagination is done. If you haven’t been here for a while, I have done DI only once before, last year, and I was on the improv team. Being on the improv team, we didn’t have to create and prepare a performance, because we only knew what we were doing the…

Continue Reading

1 2 3 5