Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Meiosis: Why it Maters

In Science we are learning all about the wonders of meiosis and mitosis. I personally think meiosis is better, you know with all of that unethical cloning. If your totally lost right now that’s ok, because I’m going to give you a little walk through of what meiosis is, along with a video that I found that will probably explain it better than I will.

Meiosis, not to be confused with miosis, (excessive constriction of the pupil), is a proses that takes two chromosomes, and turnes them into gametes. The chromosomes go through many stages were they split, mix, and separate. This video helped me learn about Meiosis, because of its conciseness, and informative way of presentation.

Before you better your knowledge checkout this two truths and a lie:

Meiosis has more than three stages  😆

Meiosis is different than Mitosis  😆

Meiosis is a way to clone asexually  😆

1 Comment

1. Miss Blessing November 16, 2018

Well, Luca, you are certainly a fine teacher. My father is a veterinarian who specializes in embryo transfer in cows, so I thought I had the whole thing down pretty well, but I learned some things from your presentation.

Are you thinking about a medical career, or do you just have an interest in science in general?

Thank you for participating in the blogging challenge with us!

Miss Blessing
    #STUBC commenter
    Vermont, USA