Luca’s Thoughts

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.

Weekly Reflection Week #2

I was right about my prediction in week #1, we are learning about women’s rights and reading The Taming of the Shrew. So far we have done a fair amount more of the later, and although I enjoy both topics I have found that the two do go hand in had. I have learned that Shakespeare’s ability to write women progressed throughout his life. Being one of his first plays, Taming of the Shrew represents women in a flat, stereotypical manor. It was only until later in his life that Shakespeare began to display their intelligence, vitality, and a strong sense of personal independence. In class, we learned about the word Shrew and the characteristics that it represents. I found it amazing how women’s rights in “western society,” didn’t start to advance until the Suffragette Movement gave women a voice. I found it similar to how the White Paper gave First Nations a voice in Canada. If someone were to draw a graph of women gaining their rights throughout history it would look something like this:

This last week has been filled to the brim with information. I have only touched on a minuscule amount of my learning so far, although I have found themes throughout my learning, wait wait not THEMES, genres, genres Luca genres. My prediction for next week is an influx of Women’s Rights, new vocabulary words, new Common Lit assignments, new Milestones. Wonderful.