Laws of light

My class worked on a project about the laws of light and how it works. Our first milestone was making a mind map about any questions we had about light. A few examples would be what it’s made out of, how it’s created, how it travels, can it be bent an other questions. After we finished summarizing all of our questions, we began researching and answering them. We had five milestones and each of them helped me understand the laws of light and what light is.

The second milestone was a test about the Pythagorean theorem. We had to get at least 80% correct to pass the test, and hand in the results. This test was my favourite milestone of this project. It was quite simple, easy to accomplish, and it was short. Also, the previous milestone gave me lots of information and answers to this quiz and I got a good score on it. Another interesting thing was if you got a score lower than 80%, then you could redo the test over and over again until you got it right

The third milestone was a group project which each group had to make a hypothesis about a question they had, then they would test the hypothesis to see what the results were and if the hypothesis was correct or wrong they would have to show their evidence to support their statement. I can’t remember much of what I contributed in milestone three, but I do remember talking about the hypothesis with my group members.

Milestone four was my least favourite milestone of all. We were assigned individually to answer the driving question of this project. The question was “How can we test the Pythagorean theorem and the law of reflection”. Some of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy this milestone was because I went off topic in some of the explanations, I probably didn’t explain things in a clear way which may have effected my grade.

The last milestone, which was milestone 5, was a really fun one. We were assigned to work in the same groups as before, to create a laser display using four mirrors and a laser beam. It was really enjoyable because I love building and creating designs. It’s also something I’ve been doing for many years and making this display was something like designing airplanes wiring systems.