Celebrations and Holidays

Task 1 – Family Celebration – Halloween

This holiday is celebrated October 31st, every year.

We go outside, dress up in costumes that we choose and go from house to house asking for candy. We say “Trick or treat”, and expect treats.

No gifts are exchanged, but technically random people give you candy, but it is not considered a gift but a treat.

I usually go out with my family first then I’ll meet up with my friends and make funny jokes while going around each neighbourhood.

A special memory was going to a party at my moms friend’s house with forty-four people and drinking too many Coca Colas. The majority of the people were Brazilians but some family members were from different places. The party was in Richmond near the airport which is why I went their in the first place and also because my mom forced me to go.

Task 2 – Photo Spark – Remembrance Day

This photo was taken in my room in November ,11, 2018. It represents the day that our brave soldiers ended WWI and fought WWII. I’ve spent so many hours of my life studying about war planes, tanks, and battles during WWI and II. Lots of people joined the army just so that they could protect and defend their country and loved ones where more than a million people would never se them again. This holiday is important because those people fought so that we could have a future and so that our land wasn’t destroyed by our enemies, it’s because of them that we are here and thats why we always have to honour them for their sacrifice and bravery.