TRAILER PARK

Lately in humanities we have been working on more video based assignments. One of the big video projects we recently completed was our Book Trailer project. If you want to know about the Book Trailer project and the description of it, you can click here to view my previous humanities post where I dive deeper into the purpose and description of the assignment.

Anyways, the first step we needed to complete for our book trailer was to create a movie trailer template. This would be a video that would be the estimated length of the finished trailer that would list all of the shots, dialogue, angles, and other necessary extras that would be needed in order to properly film our trailer. Now that we had gotten all of our behind the scenes stuff out of the way, we got to work on filming.

Since the expectations for this assignment were very high, we were giving a pretty large timeframe to work with when it came to filming. We took a lot of time after school, during school, and before school to film the shots we needed to get. I was actually surprised at how much effort we put into filming the trailer. After we had finished acquiring all of our clips it was time to start on our post production responsibilities.

I was tasked with finding music that fit our video, Jamie was tasked with doing the voiceovers, and Daniel was tasked with putting it all together and uploading the final video to YouTube. The final product ended up look amazing, much better than I expected. The music fit perfectly with the video and Jamie’s and Daniel’s voiceovers really make the trailer look like a legit trailer! After we handed in the video, the next day each group showed their trailer in front of the class. We were given little slips of paper to write any comments and critique on for the other groups.

Once we had read all of the critique slips that were given to us we started work on revisions. Our revisions were minor changes (Clip timing, adding some shots, Re-Doing voiceovers). After we finished our revisions all we had to do was hand in the freshly polished trailer one last time.

One thought on “TRAILER PARK

1. I liked how you included the picture of description of the actual project. The lack of images in the main paragraph makes it harder to follow, maybe add some production shots. Would you recommend this book to others ?