Exhibit A

As you probably already know, in PLP we have a big exhibition every year where us students get to show off our learning. Each grade has their own station somewhere in the school where they get a chance to show off their project that was assigned for the exhibition.

This year for grade ten we were assigned a very fundamental project where we had to present a “pecha kucha” style presentation that would answer the question of “Why does it take a crazy person to change the world” using examples from our Seattle field study and from personal ventures.

Now if you don’t know what a “pecha kucha” presentation is, it is basically a presentation that consists of 20 slides, each 20-second-long and It can only include photos (no on screen text).

Now that you know what a pecha kucha presentation is, we can get town to the nitty gritty, but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Our first assignment was to pick an influential person from a list and present a pecha kucha presentation about that person. This was mainly to get us comfortable with the pecha kucha style. I ended up choosing Muhammad Ali. You can read more about that project here.

After we had finished our presentations we started to move on. We were now focussing on preparing for the Seattle trip which I will go into more depth about in a later post. Anyways, almost right after we returned from our Seattle trip we were introduced to our new project. To create a 7-minute-long pecha kucha style presentation that would answer our question of “why does it take a crazy person to change the world” using examples from the Seattle trip and other life experiences.

The time between starting the project and the exhibition was filled with a lot of nervousness and stress, mainly because we knew that we had to present in front of a live audience at the exhibition. I think one of the main things I learned over this project was adaptability. We found out that we weren’t allowed any script or cue cards 2 days before the exhibition took place so we were forced to adapt to the new rules. I practiced my presentation for hours every day leading up to the exhibition and before I knew it, the day had come.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make it for the setup of our room due to family stuff which was unfortunate because I was excited to help set up the room. When I walked into the room IU was astaounded as to how cool it looked! There was the projector screen with chairs and couches surrounding it, dark ambient lighting, there was even a coffee table with snacks sitting just outside the room!

As a drop of sweat dripped from my forehead my time had come. It was my turn to present. After my presentation, I felt relieved. All the stress surrounding the preparation of the project had instantly lifted off me, it was truly a feeling I will never forget!

I personally thought my presentation couldn’t have gone any better. I felt like everything flowed really well and that it seemed very natural, which is the type of presentation I was going for. I really enjoyed working with the pecha kucha style of presentation and hopefully we can incorporate more of them into future projects.