10cellphones

For our latest project in math titled “Cell Phone Systems”, we were tasked with using linear equations, algebra, graphs, and Y=MX+B (or slope intercept) to figure out which cell phone provider has the best deal. We were allowed to chose either roaming, calling, texting, or data costs to help us form our graph.

After some research we decided on three cell phone providers we would compare to find out which is best. Telus, Rogers, and Bell. Then once we acquired all of our data, we turned them into Y=MX+B equations so that we would easily be able to graph them. Once our graphs were ready all that was left for us was to make the video. I decided to make a rap song explaining our content so that it would add a very personalized aspect to it.

Next, all was left was to present! Everything went really well, besides some critique from the teacher, but there is always room for improvement. One revision was to add the intercepts which I have listed below. 

Some of the curricular competencies I think I improved on are: Communicating and presenting, I was able to improve on this competency through explaining our data, and graphs through the music video. I also improved on connecting and reflecting, mostly by taking some of the work we were given in class and going over it with my tutor, that way I could learn from my mistakes to do better in the future. The last curricular competency I believe I improved on/used during this project was the reasoning and modelling competency, I improved on this competency by thinking creatively to create the music video while also incorporating linear equations.