This Post Is More Than Meets The Eye!

Our last project for this school year was our Circle BC artifact. For this assignment, we were required to create an artifact that covered a certain topic about BC that also connected to our trip. I decided to create my artifact about our port. For my podcast I also talked about our port, and Prince Rupert’s port. But this time my goal was to go more in depth on the topic, specifically Vancouver’s port.

I wanted to focus on the ins and outs of our port including trains, containers ships, and the cruise industry. I decided to create a video for my artifact mostly because I am quite experienced in that field. The first step to creating my artifact was to do lots of research, for this I mostly used the internet. I used the port of Vancouver’s website, Cargill’s website, Neptune terminals’ website, and many more.

Our latest trip in PLP was around our province. We started at Seycove and eventually ended up all the way in Prince Rupert it was an absolutely epic journey that I wish I could go more depth into but for now I’m going to have to cut this part short because I have to get to the good stuff, like our exhibition.

Here are some photos from the trip!

For this post I tried something new. I made a podcast that covers pretty much my whole trip, the creation of my podcast, the creation of my documentary, and the day of our exhibition. Go give it a listen!

I hope you enjoyed my podcast! It was my first time doing something personal like that. I hope you got some valuable information about this project from it! 

The exhibition went really well, everything went according to plan and I was really happy with the results and how my station looked. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of the exhibition but I will definitely update this post with them when I get some. In my opinion our room looked better than any other grades room, mostly because the fact that our presentations were very aesthetically pleasing, and we also had really nice string lights that lit up in the dark of the room.

Now, go ahead and watch my video! I worked really hard on it and I hope you enjoy!

One of the main things that I learned over this trip is that British Columbia is more culturally diverse than I thought originally. I was surprised at the abundance of unique experiences that we encountered on our trip.

It has opened my eyes to new things, such as first nations culture, our ports, and every day life here in Vancouver compared to every day life in rural BC. Since our circle BC trip, I feel more prepared for my trip to Rwanda, which is in a few weeks. I feel more confident in learning new things there, and I will be more observant.

Overall, I have really enjoyed these last few months of school, and I can’t wait for some exciting new stuff next year!