The Future

So far this year has been awesome! Ive felt more connected with my teachers, classmates, and friends than ever before. I think that being in PLP for this long has really made things much more positive, this year I’ve really been looking forward to humanities class every day, it is definitely the highlight of my day everyday. Not just the fact that we all get to learn together with people we are comfortable with and are able to build off of, but I also feel like my teachers this year have really gotten me and my learning style, Ive don’t think Ive ever felt this confident in a class before.

Now, that doesn’t mean that I have been doing 10/10 work in Humanities, there have been rough spots and there are obvious things to work on. One of those things is work habits which I will bring up a little bit later in this presentation.

Creation

During projects and blog posts I still forget to use a creative method I am interested in, I really want to incorporate these things into my learning to help upgrade my learning and to help me become more engaged in it. Keeping this in mind, I think I am going to do really good on this next Macbeth project, To be 100% honest, Ive never been this excited for a school project ever before.

I have always wanted to be apart of some sort of film with a larger production team (compared to me making youtube videos by myself) I have really wanted orchestrate cinematographic shots as a team with multiple camera operators and crew members and I think this is the perfect opportunity to express myself this way.

One of the projects this school year that I am most proud of was our presentation on Hells Angels, I think I really upped my reputation in group projects And proved myself to be a real asset when it comes to getting research done and presenting it in class properly. I think I have really improved in this area this year, this can also be exemplified in me and Luca Jacoe’s recent Biology project.

Tribalism

Work Habits

On my report card I am pretty sure I got a ‘satisfactory’ in the work habits section, this is one of the main things I want to change for this next trimester. I really want to reach the ‘Good’ work habits for next time and I will be making certain changes to help me get there. That is one of the reasons I am bringing this up at my MPoL, so I can get some Ideas from you guys. Because I am having a hard time figuring this out. This will eventually connect to the end of this post.

Strategies

One thing I’ve been doing to help get homework done is by timing my homework, even when grinding out homework at home I still find myself sliding into “break mode”, so what I have done is I have started to set a timer for 20 minutes (which would be for doing homework), and a 10 minute timer (which would be for break Time). I have found this to be quite helpful as it has been an effective way to reward myself for doing work while still being able to get significant amounts of work done. 

I would also like to build some strategies in these coming months, building off of my motivation to have better work habits for the rest of the year. These habits would be built throughout the rest of the year and then reflected on at our TPoL’s.

In the criteria for this blog post and presentation, we were asked to ask a thoughtful question. Not a bland question like “how can I improve as a learner for this year” but something deeper and more fined tuned to you as a learner, which leads me to the question I carefully crafted; What are some ways and strategies I can use to build a better in-class work ethic.

In conclusion, I am excited to see how I will grow throughout this grade 11 year, and I am also looking forward to our future projects and field schools. I am optimistic that I can improve my work habits and become an excellent student by the end of the year.