Advertising and Advocacy Project: Midway through

For the past few weeks, we have been working on a project about advertising and advocacy. We have been looking at advertisments and learning about how they pull in consumers. Now, we are finally starting to create our own.

For our first ad, we had to find a spot around the cove that we would like to invite someone around the same age as us to. For me, that spot was the Myrtle Park Offleash Dog Area. Then, we had to create an ad for a business near us. For that, i chose to advertise Crossfit North Vancouver, a local fitness centre. Lastly, we were supposed to create advocacy ad for a natural disaster such as a forest fire or tsunami. It correlates to our science unit at the moment. I am creating an ad on earthquake awareness in young children.

Next, we critiqued each others advertisements. Below, there is an image of the critic I received for my business ad (fig. 1). After receiving feedback, we revised. And revised. And revised. Although we are only midway through this project, we already have improved our images a lot. For my images, I still have quite a bit of work to do. I am currently trying to figure out how I should format my tourist ad. Right now it has a dog silhouette instead of a picture of an actual dog. I am still figuring out how to convey my message, but (fig. 2) shows what it looks like now.

My other two ads will be linked below. There is my business ad (fig. 3) and my advocacy ad (fig. 4). There is a lot more information that I will have to share later on, but that’s all for now!

Fig. 1

img_7419

Fig. 2

img_0656

Fig. 3

img_0909

Fig. 4

img_0939