PLP Exhibition Reflection

For my PLP end of term exhibition project, I decided to research the affects that trash has on sea birds such as the western gull. I learned so much about the harm of trash and how large of a problem it is in today’s world. After researching this, I created, 11 trading cards. I learned how to prevent trash from affecting gulls, and how tough it is to get rid of trash once its thrown out.

When it was time to present, I laid out my trading cards at a table which I shared with Sofia and Melika. We were put together because we all had projects related to the harm of animals in nearby ecosystems. This was especially good because we were able to create a game based around our projects. It was a fishing-style game, where you were in charge of cleaning up the ocean by pulling out all of the garbage in it. We used a plastic bucket and tinfoil, with a magnetic fishing line. Our station went really well.

Next time I think I would create something a little larger than just my cards. While I did work very hard on this, my project was very small and easy to miss when going around our presentations. I also could have rehearsed what I would say a little better. I think it would have been better if I had been able to make the cards into some sort of battle game or at least made extras to give out.

I loved this project and definitely learned a lot. I was also able to teach others a little bit more about what they can do to help the environment. This was a very enriching and challenging assignment and I’m glad I did my project on what I did.