Google Trends 2016 Analysis

The Google Year in Search is a video compilation of all the things people have searched up in the past year. It’s a great insight to the events that happened in 2016. I had never heard of it before today, but I’m glad I saw it.

When we watched the 2016 Google Year in Search, I noticed a few things. First, I didn’t recognize quite a few of the trends in this video. Something I didn’t know was that a new type of rocket, called the SpaceX, exploded on takeoff in mid September. I also didn’t know about the United Kingdom’s Brexit from the rest of the European union, which is set to take place around March 2019. I was quite surprised by the amount of terrorist attacks around the world. There is so much hatred in the world right now, and it was quite nice to see all of the love in this video.

If I had made my own film, i would have included a few things. First, I would include graduating from elementary school to high school. Second, I would include our school trip through the Performance Learning Program to Oregon for seven days. This video opened me up to a lot of the events in the world today.

This video is a very inspiring film that almost anyone would enjoy. There is a variety of different events shown in this video. Some of the events are very serious, versus some fun events and trends. I loved this video and can’t wait for next years!