Julius Caeser First Project

So, we have just started a unit on Julius Caeser, a play by William Shakespeare. For our first project, we created large paper cutouts of a character in the play, and had to fill in the body with pictures to symbolize their life. We were split into small groups and we first researched our person’s life.

My group was assigned Octavius Caeser, and after learning about his history, we started to design the body. We put a peace sign for his head because of how he wanted all of Rome to be in peace, and we made a timeline for his spine to show the backbone of his life. We also incorporated his followers, his many names, and his travels along his legs and feet. We added a sword on his wrist to show how much of a warrior he was, and put roman buildings on his shoulders to signify how much Rome meant to him. We put his body on blue paper to represent trust, loyalty, and wisdom.

While doing this project, I learned a lot about Octavius and the part he played in Rome. We worked hard on this project, but I think we could have worked harder to reach our full capacity. My group and I also could’ve put more thought into which pictures would be placed on our shape. This was a very fun project and I am excited to learn more about Julius Caeser.

PHOTOS