Live event

We recently had to film a short video on a live event for maker class. Since I was not planning to go to any events, I invited some other people over to throw our own event. We made a pancake making competition, and took turns filming various different shots. Luca, Isabelle, Morgan, and Melika came over to participate.

We took over my kitchen for the afternoon, and gave each participant a bowl of pancake batter. The next step was to start creating pancakes. We had to figure out how to get the right shots while we were already filming, which was a bit of a challenge. We set up time lapses from different angles so we would have lots of shots to include. We also made sure to interview the participants so our videos would be more interesting. Here are the final pancakes that were created!

Then, it was time to compile everything together. We all shared our footage together so that we would have every sort of angle we could possibly need, which really ended up helping me to make my video interesting. I did have some trouble cutting my video down to two minutes like it was supposed to be. That is something I will have to improve on next time.

After I finished editing my video, we presented them to the class and received peer feedback. I needed to improve a couple things in my video, including shortening some of the clips and adding a better ending. In the end, I’m quite proud of how my video turned out.