Welcome back! I have not posted in a while but I am back with another blog post. We have just finished our last project for Humanity’s 8. For this project the goal was to Create an Infographic with different information based on European Settlement and Continuity + Change. We did 5 different milestones for this project but I will only talk about Milestone 1 & 3.

As you probably know for each project we have a Diving Question. For this project the Driving Question was β€œWhat did European Settlement mean for all the people involved?”. So we answered this in our thesis which was included on our Infographic. Our thesis was β€œEuropean settlement changed the lives of all the people involved. Although there have been changes such as the European and First Nation’s lives no longer being based around trading, the concept of supply and demand still impacts big companies today”. Here is how our Infographic turned out.Β 

Milestone 1 was a big part of this project because its when we were first introduced to Continuity and Change. We learned about the history of Deep Cove then wrote a reflection on what we just learned. I liked writing this reflection because we got to go outside and write it, but I also had a hard time finding a way to start off my reflection. During this we also started learning about how to use evidence which I gained from the lecture about Deep Cove. I wanted to talk about Milestone 1 because you can see my personal growth as a learner from this reflection and the evidence I used from what I learned. Then infographic we made and the evidence we we gained and how we chose to explain it.

Milestone 1-Cove Reflection

As I mentioned above we made an Infographic to show our learning and so it had to include the following things.Β 

β€’Driving Question as title

β€’Thesis to answer the questionΒ 

β€’Three facts

β€’Three graphics

β€’Examples of Continuity and Change

β€’Sources at the bottom

β€’QR code which leads to the YouTube video we made

This leads to Milestone 3 which is our three facts and graphics. I am really happy with how our facts and graphics turned out because they go well with our thesis. I personally think that we made all the graphics match the aesthetic really well. But after handing this in we also got lots of feedback anywhere from a few spelling mistakes to totally changing a photo to make it less modern, which we were quick to fix.Β 

Every time we do a project we usually have a project Rubric and Reflection which is where we write the feedback we get from a specific milestone. This also relates to the Curricular Competencies which are Identifying Continuity and Change and Using Evidence from Various Sources. Β 

Another thing we learned in order to complete this infographic was the 9 tips on what makes a good Infographic so here they are.

1. Tells a story-Guides readers through story

2. Takes your eyes on a predefined journey-Visually see a beginning and end

3. Provides a new angle-Stay away from lists

4. Practical value

5. Well structured-Don’t add to much information

6. Sends one key message-Ask someone else to look at it to see if it makes sense

7. Visually appealing-Clear title, clear design

8. It i accurate & well researched

9. Make a copy short and sweet-Do not copy and paste information

Then at the end we made a YouTube video using magic move keynote. But in order to add this to the Infographic we had to create a QR code which I found really cool. So go check out our YouTube video.

Overall I am really happy with how our Infographic and Youtube video turned out. But I could not have completed this amazing Infographic without my partner Dana so go check out her blog!Β