Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Hello and welcome back to another post! This is the year end tPol post which reflects on my learning from this year and explains why I am ready to transition into grade 10. This post will be answering the question down below for each PLP class.Β 

Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?Β 

Throughout this year all that all the work I have accomplished has shown how I have improved and also what I can continue to work on. In Humanities, Maker, and Scimatics we completed around 5 projects per class. I feel that the A War to End All Wars project, the First Film project, and the Metaphor Machines project all show my improvement the most.Β 

For Humanities we completed the following projects:

People and The Environment

Revolutions on Trial

Case for a Nation

Working with Words

A War to End All Wars

Out of all of those I think that the War to End All Wars project best represents my learning in many different way. In this project I made a comic about women and the war. This helped enhance my learning and understanding of the topic because of the visual content. My project was about women at warΒ  it was very interesting as I have learned the significance of women who worked in the hospitals during this time as nurses. For this project I did a lot of research about the importance of women in the war and how hard they worked.Β  I feel doing the research for this project helped me to learn effective ways to search articles and websites for accurate information. I also spent time deciding on the drawings I was going to do for the comic to make sure I showed the information that I learned in an interesting way for the reader.

In Maker we completed the following projects:

Believe in Good

Destination Imagination

Vibrant Video

Your First Film

In maker the project that best represents my learning and shows how I’m ready to advance into grade 10 is the First Film documentary project. Throughout this project I was able to learn new skills to make my work better. We also completed and learned how to film an interview which helped improve my public speaking/talking in front of others as I had to communicate to people in the community and at my barn to get the interview footage. I really enjoyed doing this project about my passion for horses. I learned so much more about my instructors and the relationship between human and horses. I feel my documentary was very visually stimulating with good lighting and great storytelling. Another interesting technique that I learned for the documentary was making my own music using garage app. I was able to create my own music and add it to the documentary in a meaningful way. All of the strategies and techniques that I learned to create this documentary will help me advance in my learning in grade 10 to produce and achieve the outcomes that I expect of myself.Β 

In Scimatics we completed the following projects:

I believe that out of those projects the Metaphor Machines show my improvement the most. This project was about creating an actual machine in small groups. This involved lots of communication between both my group and my teacher. Β  I Benefitted from the feedback I received from my peers and teacher and was able to revise the project when necessary. This project helped me become more comfortable with my peers especially with those that I don’t know very well. And I had lots of fun making the Rube Goldberg Machine.

What project did you struggle with? Why?

I feel that I struggled the most with some of the Scimatics projects.Β  In particular the Time is Money project where we created our own equation using what we already learned about linear equations.Β  I feel that I struggled with this project because I didn’t have a full understanding of the math part that was included throughout all milestones.Β  I have a hard time understanding some of the concepts of math and I can continue to improve this by asking questions when needed. Β 

Did all the work you completed this year meet your standards?

Overall I am super happy with all the work I have completed this year! I am excited to move have the chance to continue to improve as a learner next year in grade 10. Thanks once again for reading this post and I will be back with more in the future!

-Makenna