Comic Cells🧫

Last project of the year! Wow, grade 8 has gone by fast.

To finish off the year, our project was about how cells and diseases react with each other and then show it in a comic book.

The first main assignment was making a wanted poster for the disease we chose.

I chose to work on Malaria because its a disease that’s not to gruesome to learn about and its kinda interesting.

It took me a while to actually finish the final comic because doing the research drawing the panels, and putting information about the disease into a comic isn’t as easy as it sounds. It took me an entire week but in the end I was pretty proud of what I created because I thought the story board was cool and my drawings weren’t that bad.

Comic:

Retro

As usual there are always competencies and here is how I did on them.

Questioning and Predicting

Throughout the project I demonstrated a sustained curiosity about Malaria as I used my class time to finish my assignments on time.

Scientific Communication

In my comic, I used correct vocabulary and accurate drawings of how Malaria interacts with cells. I also used about 10 scientific vocabulary words in my comic to make it sound “smarter”.

Evaluating

As I created my comic I made sure to make my virus and cells to interact with each other in a real and scientific way. I excelled in the competency because I showed several symptoms and outcomes of Malaria.

🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠🦟🦠