Vibrant Video – It happened

Hey Y’all, Max here.

Maker 9 has been a trip so far. First we started with Destination Imagination , which took up the majority of the school year and was very headache-inducing. Right now we are just finishing up with the Believe in Good project, which has been alright so far and has taught me some valuable lessons. Blog post on that coming soon. So anyways, the half-project we just finished up with in maker is called vibrant video, and it is about camera and editing skills. This course only took five maker classes to complete, with each day focusing on a different skill. 

Day 1 ( I was absent. ) – My peers learned about  film terminology and definitions, including characteristics and definitions. I also started the first skill, which involved the apps Clips. In this app, we had to make a short, edited video about a hobby or skill. I chose to make my video about my new interest in beat-making and producing.

Day 2 – I took notes on the history of movie and film, and learned all about historical dates and revolutionary events in the cinema industry. One thing I found interesting was tat the first fully-animated film was all hand-drawn. I started skill number two, which was about framing angles and different perspectives. it also had to be similar to n early 1900’s silent film. I made a short movie with my older brother Noah about a shoe shiner. It is quite humorous.

Day 3 – More note taking about the history of film and movie. This time focusing on the development of the late 50’s to present day. The most impressive thing that I found then was that the movie Avatar is almost completely animated, from the characters to the landscapes. 

I also started the third skill, which was making a tutorial video. this was a group activity, and I worked with Ava and Cole. We wouldn’t be getting straight to the tutorial video. First we had to make the Storyboarding and figure out what w were going to make a tutorial on. We decided on “how to wash your hands”.

Day 4 – On the fourth day, My group filmed our tutorial video. It went really well, and the idea turned out pretty great. I will link it below.

Day 5 – At long last, day 5. For day 5, I was with another group, this time Ines  and Landon. Day 5 focused on effects and editing, so we filmed a short movie. The plot is rather absurd, but the special effects were very good. You can check it out below.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this project. It doesn’t really qualify as a project but I can’t think of anything else to call it. It was a nice break from other more pressing issues and schoolwork, and that’s all I have to say. Until next time.