My User Manual Reflection

The first Project we were assigned this year was all about creating a User Manual of ourselves. The driving question in this project was ‘How do I creatively communicate who I am’ and at first I really didn’t know what that meant. We followed the driving question in different ways leading up to the final product.

The first stepping stone was about writing things that define us, and we later took those notes and made them into our own ‘Word Pack’. Here is my ‘Word Pack’:

Our next Stepping Stone in this project was very similar to the first Stepping Stone because it was also about what defines us. We had to take 3 traits from our ‘Word Pack’, however in this stepping stone we described ourselves in photo format. For my 3 images I chose Athlete, Dancer and Friend, and this is what I created:

After those 2 activities we started our User Manual Outline which was our first draft, but in point form. I ended up writing 3 different drafts making little tweaks along the way. And each draft that I wrote looked completely different. And something that I really benefited from in this stage was when we did our first Peer critique.

My User Manual Final

For this Final draft I changed The font size and colour and practically re-modeled my Acessibilty paragraph and my Settings Paragraph. And one of the big reasons I did that is because my main spot of improvement was finding words that fit well together. One of the big things that I learned from this project was that there is no such thing as a Perfect draft because when I looked back and read it all those times over I could really find the little things that I could fix to make it better.

Another thing that we created in this project was our own Memoji Laptop. We had to take our personalized Memoji, and put stickers that represent us on a laptop. 

This was my first draft:

I thought it was a pretty good first draft, during our class peer critique there were  people wondering what my different images meant and also someone recommended that I add more shadows. So I followed with this draft:

I thought it looked better than before, I had all the right images layer down so there wasn’t any concern with that. I added darker colours to the outline so they looked more like stickers.

v

For this draft I was even more satisfied because I had made the stickers bigger, more visible and I had also followed up on a idea from peer critique to tilt one of the stickers.

It looked perfect, represented me well and I thought it was my best work.

In conclusion, I really enjoyed  creating the Memoji laptop and describing and discovering who I am. Something that I will take from this project for future references is all the other tools and apps that I learned to use. And it was really helpful to receive critique from my peers.