Winter Exhibition (part 2)

Hi everyone! This blog post will be the 2nd part of my talk on the winter exhibition, check out my earlier blog post Winter Exhibition part 1. For a recap, I am talking about an Exhibition I did in school about the learning we had done for the past 4 months. The Exhibition was for students in a program call PLP.

Our Exhibition was about how religious worldview were represented in the real world. To do this we were divided into groups of around 6 and were given a religion to research and talk about. The religion that my group got was Hinduism which is a religion based around a way of life and following a few set morals. Hinduism originated In India in around 1500 BC and is one of the oldest world religions.

The exhibition also helped me get better at social interactions because I had to know all of my facts and be able to have a CONVERSATION with people about my religion. I think that it is really important that we have a conversation with our audience rather than just me spewing out facts because that way you can come to a mutual understanding and you also come out with a deeper understanding.

Although we didn’t actually present it in our exhibition, there were a few projects that we did to help us understand OUR worldview and different aspects that effect it. This is really important because before you explain stuff about someone else its easier to do that if you understand the same thing about yourself. 2 of the main things was a Mind-node, and something called Explain Everything. The Mind-node is basically a brainstorm showing different aspects of worldview, and different aspects that effect your life. The Explain Everuthing is a YouTube video that we had to make about how our worldview changed from elementary school, to high school.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t like my Explain Everything because I think that I could have done a better job to make it look smoother through the transitions. This was the first time we had ever used this app and it was harder then I expected so I kept focussing on the details, but it didn’t turn out how I had imagined.

I was a lot prouder of the Mind-Node because I think I had the information needed and I was good at explaining different ways that they were connected to each other and how they formed my view on the world.

I think that the exhibition was really successful because by the end everyone could explain each religion, some in more depth than others, and could tell people about different aspects that effect both those practicing a religion, and those who interact with those who practice religions.

Thanks for reading, again, if you have any questions feel free to comment and I would be happy to answer you.