Hello blog readers,

Recently in maker we were learning how to recreate videos. Our teacher assigned us into small groups to plan, film, and edit a video then show to our classmates. My group consisted of Logan and Jamie. We were assigned not one but two funny short films to recreate. While watching and recreating these videos was painfully cringy I think it taught me how to pay attention to close detail and use microphones.

The first recreation video was assigned to us by our teacher and everyone had to recreate this same video. The video was “Catch” and it was pretty funny.

Here is the original video

Here is our recreation

After we finished the first recreation video we watched all of them in class. I think the video we produced was good, we did a good job with getting all the right shots. The setting was pretty accurate which was a plus also there were areas were we acted well in. Obviously every video has it’s imperfections and we had multiple things I would want to improve on our main issue  was that we forgot to use mics.

Soon after we finished our first recreation our teacher assigned us to make another recreation video. This time around we had to find our own funny video. My group looked for a funny video for days but we couldn’t find the perfect one so our teacher assigned us a video. when she told us we were doing this video Logan and I both said we had already seen it. I personally thought we wouldn’t be able to recreate the video because of our limited resources but our teacher said we could do it.

Here is the original video

Here is our recreation

Directors Cut

Logan and I made this short directors cut about our thoughts on our video like what we did well, what we did poorly, and what we would do next time.