Hello blog readers,

Throughout the past three years of Destination Imagination I’ve learned more than I could have ever imagined. DI has given me so many different experiences and challenges. If you don’t know what DI is, here is a link to my last DI post. If you read the other post you will know that our challenge was the technical challenge. In this post I will be mostly focusing on reflecting on destination Imagination as a whole rather that explaining the challenge.

Burning the charts

From regionals to provinces a lot of improvements had to be made. First of all our plane flew and didn’t drop the payloads so we had to find out a new way. For regionals we used a magnetic payload dropping methods and we found out the day of the performance that it messed with the plane, for provincials we tried a new payload dropping system. Another thing we had to change for provincials was our script because Logan couldn’t attended the performance so Daniel and I had to take on his lines. 

Our Results 

Our results for both challenges turned out way better than I had expected. For not having a functioning plane and only really having our idea out there we did pretty okay. This challenge was really hard though and even tho we didn’t fully complete the challenge we got first and second place. However for our instant challenge, I feel like we did really good and I’m proud of what we did for it. Here are our raw scores from this year’s challenge. 

The Performance

Year 1 VS 3

I’ve been doing Destination imagination for almost 3 years now and wow my opinions about it changed. Over the years I thought Destination Imagination was teaching me but it wasn’t just Destination Imagination teaching me, it was myself. Everything I did caused be to look at DI in a different way. Throughout the years, I was able to see that it’s the outcome of my attitude that makes DI enjoyable. My first DI blogpost was basically garage but at that time I was very proud so here I can see how much I’ve improved in making blogposts. Also the day of the performances have changed quite a bit since year 1. The first year I didn’t really enjoy the day. I sat around doing nothing. Now this year was so much fun. I hung out with my friends and group members, we watch performances, talked, and had lots of fun being goofy.

Goodbye DI

It’s sad to say goodbye but he time has come. These three years have definitely been a rollercoaster. It has made me stronger and developed my attitude on learning. Now, I just want to say thank you to my teachers for making us do this cause with that push and belief in us, we were able to do amazing things. I know this will help me in the long run now with university and career paths.