SLC’s here we come!

If you don’t know what SLC’s are they basically student led conferences, were you prepare a presentation about everything that you have learned throughout the year and the highlights of your learning, I’m sure your itching to here my presentation by now, so here it is!
A while ago we did a unit on Star Wars and we had to create something to answer your driving question mine was “can I make a replica dress at home just like in the movies?” I’m sure you have already heard about how I made it since I made a post about it but if you haven’t well then click here to get an idea of what I was making and how I made it. But before you click that link take a look at this picture one side is mine and the other is the real one.

d08b83c6-faf5-446d-bb75-f5b559372d5e-1.jpg
You may be asking what I learned from this and why I’m so proud of it, well the answer is because I learned how take an image and recreate it without help from any website or book. I also improved my sewing skills tremendously. And most importantly what I enjoyed the most was expirementing with the dye and just having fun with it. But actually the most challenging part was also the dyeing process because I never knew how much water or dye to use because I had never used that type of dye before. The one thing I would do differently would be I would make the mannequin before hand because in the end I ended up making many alters because I didn’t know all the right measurements.

Next I will be talking about one of the projects this year that I think really showed growth as a learner, it’s DI! Destination imagination demonstrates growth as a learner I think this mostly stood out to me because I’m not a very technical person. I don’t know much about wiring or coding, I spend my time outside of making new decorations for my room and even cooking. What I’m trying to say is I’m not a woodworker, you may be wondering what I did involving electricity, well to start off the motor needed to be hooked up to the battery. When i first looked at the motor I had had no idea of what to do so I did some research, once I had all of my research I started to play around with it a little, but the problem was the battery was bulging! This is bad because first of all its very dangerous and second of all we couldn’t use it anymore. I learned that we needed to find a battery with the exact same watts otherwise that would be the end of our go kart. So I learned how to use this tool called a wattage were it could measure the exact watts that the battery had, perfect! Once that was done I needed something to turn the go kart on and off so we used a light switch. Now that I had all of my main parts all needed was three wires! That’s right three wires to make a car move, one would connect the battery to one side of the motor the second would connect the other side to the light switch and the third would connect the battery to the light switch.

It’s a little confusing so here’s a diagram to explain a little more:img_3954.jpg

In the end I was very proud of what I had done because it demonstrated growth as a learner, it that because I took something I didn’t know anything about and I learned to use all these different things like wiring, how to use a wattage and lots of vocabulary.

As we conclude this presentation I would like to share with you how my blog helped me with more creative writing, as you click on each one of the links I have below pay attention to how my writing got more interesting and how I changed the style for example I learned to space my paragraphs out to make it look more appealing to read and added pictures each time.

This was my first post. 

This was my third post about halfway through the year.

And here’s one were you can see the difference in writing

So as you can see I’m still not Shakespeare but my writing has improved through time, and writing more everyday.

Thankyou for reading this post, I hope you have learned more about my learning and maybe what you can improve in yours!