Blue Sky!

As you may already know for blue sky I create a wetsuit dryer I was very proud of this because first of all I thought it was a project that I could actually sell (with some tweeks) and second, I learned from my mistakes and was able to improve my project by fixing those mistakes. To start off with the creating process I made a plan and a model of my finished project, although this took me a while to finish in the end it was all worth it. Once I had my plan and a shopping list I headed out to Rona to pick up some PCV pipes, strong glue and some black spray paint. I went home and arranged everything like my plan said and cut everything down to size, next I had to punch lots of tiny holes into the pipes so the air could properly pass through as fast as possible. Once everything was in place the I just added the glue to the shoulders because they kept falling off (I couldn’t glue everything together because otherwise the mannequin wouldn’t be able to fit in the wet suit) Okay so know that every thing was ready I needed to shine it up a little, for this all I did was spray painted it in a glossy black, cut a circle and added some wheeled onto that circle so my “mannequin” could move around. The whole point of this project was to cut down the drying process so to do this I got a construction vacuum and attached it to the top where the neck would be. Like I said in the beginning there where some mistakes in my project and one of them was that the air wasn’t passing through fast enough so to fix this I went back to Rona to buy some cap for the arms so the air would even out and build up throughout the whole wetsuit. Now that this was done It was time to show it off at the exhibition. I brought my surfboard and created a little video, so take a look!