Mini Blue Sky of 2k16!

For the last blue Sky project of 2016 we had a Harry Potter themed exhibition, but if your a little confused by this point of what blue Sky is click here to catch up. As I was saying we had a Harry Potter themed exhibition, this meant that we all had to have a question that related to Harry Potter. For example mine was “how did Harry Potter influence and inspire technology and our knowledge?” At the beginning of this project when our teacher introduced it to us, we had to brainstorm our ideas to come up with the perfect one. Each person had 5 minutes to come up with as many questions as they could next we sorted them into different piles and organized them. After coming up with and sorting as many questions as we could we chose two that we had to send in to the teacher on Showbie. Once our question was critiqued and approved the next stage was to plan everything from what we where going to work on each day to deciding on our presentation plan. We all had a little time chart we had to fill in and complete which had to include revision and presentation setup.

img_6193

img_6192

Once everything was planned out down to the second it was time to actually do the work and start researching and starting on the actual project part. For mine I decided to pick a few significant technology pieces of the first few Harry Potter movies like the invisible cloak and the moving newspaper and researched them, I then found out that they where actually recreated in the the real world by everyday people and entrepreneurs. I researched and researched these specific inventions and slowly came to a conclusion. Once I had done all my research on the topic I did a few wright ups of the object in Harry Potter and what they did and then the objects in the real world and what they did, then I glued them on a poster board side by side so that the audience could compare the two.

img_6145

In the end my conclusion was that Harry Potter wasn’t just a movie but was an influence to the world and people’s lives. Once the research part was done I created a mini museum with the materials that where used to recreate each object then made a mini glass case to put them in with an explanation of each material and what it was used for.

img_6199
After a few weeks everybody had completed the projects and it was the final step, the decorations and theme! We got into groups the next day each group had to come up with a different part of Hogwarts (the wizarding school of Harry Potter) we chose the forbidden forest.

img_6201

For the exhibition each person had to have food, decorations and interactive games. Heres our floor an exhibition plan:

img_6203Since it was a forest everybody brought in lots and lots of branches, twigs and plants from home, then we decided to string green streamers and lights across the ceiling. For our food we made spider blood (sprite and green food colouring) as a drink and gems (chocolate dipped Rice Krispies and gold sprinkles as the gems) Finally for our game we played toss the ring on the unicorn horn because there are unicorns in the forest. The final part of the exhibition was filling out a little poster for each of our tables to explain the process and introduce our selfs.

img_6194

img_6202

The day of the exhibition we had 3-5 hours of time to setup so we had a lot of time to perfect everything. Everybody in my group had great ideas and in the end the night was a big success and a lot of fun, can’t wait until next year!