:)

EDU Week 7: Photography

One of my favourite things to do is take photos. There’s something about being able to capture a single second in time, a moment that you can look back year after year. I have this huge fear of forgetting important moments and losing the feeling in that time, so I take photos constantly. I have around 5000 photos on my phone and about 15,000 on my laptop. It’s cool how seeing a certain photo can bring back certain feelings and emotions. I really love that I have this ability to use cameras and be able to constantly capture images.

My 3 favourite images to capture are the following.

1:Sunsets and sunrise because they show the end and beginning of each and everyday.

Our last day in Mission beach San Diego(taken on a Cannon EOS rebel XT)

2:Pure happiness, its a moment some have often and others not at all. I want to be able to show and remind people of better times and good feelings.

Maggie, Melika, Ella and Ben( taken on a IPhone 7)

And 3, in contradiction to my last image my favourite moment to capture is sadness and sorrow. The raw emotion displayed within sadness can revoke so much feeling and emotion that’s why I like to capture it. To show and revoke a feeling that can be a life or death emotion.

Claire, heading home from Victoria( taken on a Sony cyber shot from the early 2000’s)

My main goal when taking a photo is not to make it perfect, but to make the image revoke an emotion or memory. In my mind the best photos are the ones that make you feel something.

Let me know what you think about my photos!

« »