Transition presentation of learning

It’s finally time, the blog post you’ve all been waiting for: the Tpol blog post. All my time in 8th grade PLP has come to this, and I’ll try to make this one better than the last one. As John Dewey once said: “We do not learn from experience… we learn from reflecting on experience”.

I would like to talk about something positive to begin with: destination imagination. I felt that I did quite well when I was narrating for our group, but I was told I was exceptional. Our regional tournament was sadly not won by us, but we were good about it. I know, however, that I could have improved my costume and script, so that’s exactly what I did. I changed from just a hoodie and sweatpants to a safari outfit. I made suggestions to my group members, listened to what they had to say, and overall just did my best to contribute. Our second presentation, the provincial tournament, was online. The reason? The Covid-19 pandemic of 2020. Regardless, we adapted to the situation quickly and effectively, and thus improved greatly. Adaptation is a vital trait for any leader. It has become more important in these times than it had been for several years, if not decades.

When it comes to my blog posts, I have always tried to use as much humour as possible. I have many reasons for this, which I will explain. Now, you might be wondering, “how is this relevant?” Well, it’s relevant because I need to talk about things I’m proud of, and because I need content in this post. I focus on making posts funny because I want to express myself, so that nobody has to read another generic post, and they can see a little bit about me. Another reason is that my teachers have to sit through more than 20 of these posts, and that’s my class alone! I want them to be a little less bored, so they’re motivated to keep going. When someone’s  life can be a little dull sometimes, it’s always nice to brighten it up a little. I essentially just don’t wanna make it torturous to read my posts, so I try to keep them short, simple, and funny. If you want examples, look at any of my posts: particularly the earlier ones.

I truly do value all of the technical skills I have learned from my first of hopefully many years of PLP. I know 10 times as much as I did before on the subject, and it’s just incredible what I’ve taken away from this. I do hope I will be considered for PLP next year, and I say goodbye for the summer. Except, I say it how I always have, and always will. No matter what happens, no matter how much I change, I will always end the post with the nostalgia-inducing, pirated, trademark of this post the thing you all know and love.

3

2

1

*brofist*