Running a Remake!

It has been a long time everyone, welcome back to my blog. I haven’t made a post in quite a while, but I will make one (albeit a bit late) right now! Today, I will talk about an interesting project in which we worked our fingers to the bone… the teachers REALLY wanted us to get our work done quickly.

Running a remake was a project where the basic idea was that we would watch a short film by the name of run, and with our group, attempt to recreate this film. First and foremost, I need to give credit to my group. Their names are Erin, Julien, Ryder, and Quinn. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently going through, we have been using a new layout of class times and sections of school. To be more specific, we would usually have school split into 3 terms, each ending with a break. 1st term ends with 2 weeks of winter break, 2nd term ends with 2 weeks of spring break, and 3rd term ends with 2 months of summer break. Normally, each day we would have 4 classes, and we would rotate our 8 different classes with each other. Each term would have a different elective class which would be chosen by us. Now, we have 2 classes per day, same 2 classes for the entire quarter. Because of this, our PLP (performance learning program) teachers have decided that we need to try to complete our projects in a much shorter amount of time.

In PLP, we believe it is of the utmost importance to show and reflect on your learning, and so I will do that now. Nothing can show one’s learning better than plans one’s project, and the finished product. Because of this, here is our storyboard for the project. Essentially, this is the plan for the video we made.

We also have, of course, a finished product. I was the main actor in this project, though I don’t know if I was really THAT useful outside of that, more on that later. I will now show this video of our project next to the original video, try not to cringe.

I believe that these two things are strong evidence of our learning, and I believe it is now time to talk about ME specifically. I’m talking about our curricular competencies, of course. I’m not going to go on ANOTHER ego trip, no one wants that. Let’s start with our one and only core competency: innovative designer. I think I did fairly decent on this one, as I was essentially the solution to the simple problem of: who is willing to act out the main character? I’ve always thought of myself as an ok actor, and it would appear many people agree with me. In fact, I probably wouldn’t have been able to get out of acting this out even if I wanted to!

That concludes this blog post concerning our remake of the short film: “RUN!” I found this to be an enjoyable, relaxed, project, despite the strict time limitations and criteria. That will be a… common theme in future blog posts, except I won’t mention being relaxed. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and farewell!

SIKE!

*brofist*